Say What Wednesdays
Want to know how to make the most of your money? Find and forge your own path
Today’s episode is just a quick one. I’ll be going over a couple of questions I have had over the past few weeks about the personal finance course we’re launching. Plus, we have an exciting announcement at the end.
First off, why does the course exist to begin with?
- There is almost no financial education at any level of the schooling system.
- Unless you teach yourself, or someone else teaches you, it is almost impossible to completely understand personal finances or investments. This has created a problem where something that we all rely on very heavily has become misunderstood, and underutilised.
- We will all encounter money at some point in our lives, or pay taxes, so why not do everything possible to maximise the former and minimise the latter?
- I want to create a platform with everything you will need to know, or may ever want to know. Plus, tools that go along with each topic to put your newfound knowledge to use.
- Most of these things seem complicated – until it is explained
- I had great feedback from those who I have taught in person so know that it really does help.
What I hope this course will achieve
- Give you the skills and knowhow to make smart money decisions
- Help you create a plan to secure your financial future, removing uncertainty and financial fears
- Remove money stress and fear
- Put strategies in place to manage your money, taking the hassle out of it
When is it coming out?
- Sorry for the delay – tax changes meant I had to change the content and re-record
- Website be up in a week or so
How does it work? Giving you the knowledge, but also what to do with that knowledge.
- 8 Modules to complete at your own pace
- Complete each module to build a complete picture
- Online content delivered in lecture format
- Practical strategies and tools to help implement them in your own lives
- Community support
- You will join the community of people signed up for the complete course to help discuss ideas and learn from shared experience as well.
What is included?
Eight Modules, designed to provide the knowledge and how to use it to your advantage.
Each module then builds upon another to provide a complete picture of the economy, investments and your own finances. Some modules have tools to help implement strategies that you learn and manage your own financial freedom.
- Financial Goal Setting
- First mod is about goals – how to work out and set financial goals, plus how to achieve them
- Understanding your cash flow, lowering taxes and reducing debt
- Personal Finance Basics
- Economic terms, along with Supply & Demand
- Designed to help you understand the jargon / economic terminology
- Price mechanics behind the free market
- Economics 101:
- Risks (volatility and how it’s measured)
- Risk / Return ratio
- Investment Theory
- Asset classes
- Fixed Interest
- Property (direct and indirect)
- Risk profiles
- Portfolio Construction – Growth vs Defensive
- Investment Basics
- Learn how to invest in Trusts or fund your retirement through Superannuation
- Structures & Environments:
- Build Wealth
- Reduce tax
- Asset Protection
- Investment and Personal protection
- Risk management
By working through the lectures and tools in every module, you will be able to build your own financial plan to help secure your future.
And our surprise announcement
- After his hiatus – Jayden will be coming back
- I’m excited about my partner in crime being back – even if you aren’t I won’t feel like I’m just ranting at myself
I’ll let you know once it is all up and running, thanks for listening!